The short answer is 💰.
Here's a more detailed answer: The DACH region has a combined population of just over 100 million people, with many shared traits in terms of culture, history, and lifestyle.
Germany is, by far, the largest of the three countries, with around 83 million people, while Austria and Switzerland have around nine million inhabitants each – German is the most common language in all three countries.
According to Statista, leading German statistical data provider, the DACH region is a fast growing market with a lot of potential – especially for SaaS companies:
- Revenue in the SaaS industry is projected to reach 12.5€ billion by 2025 in Germany alone, which accounts for around 20% of total SaaS sales in Europe.
- The revenue is expected to grow by approximately 10.5% per year on average in the DACH region.
- Average spend per employee is expected to increase from 191€ (2021) to 310€ (2026).
- Most Germans have knowledge of the English language (64%) but most still search for solutions in their native language.
- Most businesses in Germany (2.1 million) are small businesses that would benefit massively from efficient SaaS solutions.
- Employees in the DACH region said that cloud based software is most relevant and helpful in their daily work.
Ready to enter the DACH market? Book a free discovery call with me today.